Do you want to build up a robot car? If the answer is yes, then you are supposed to get a view of this product-Simplifying Line Sensor. This sensor can test the robot car whose moving track is following the planned path.
This line sensor is assembled the PIC16F1827 chip, which has a CPU speed of 8 MIPS which means fast performance. This chip also can afford the communication peripherals, cause it supports some basic interface such as UART, SPI, I2C.
The sensor has 5 infrared detectors in the front to measure the distance between the line and the sensor. 5 detectors are able to emit 5 digital signals corresponding to 5 digital pins. Except for the digital value, you can still get the analog signal from the analog pin. With the help of digital and analog signal, you may get a higher precision result for your project.
- Operating Voltage: DC 3.3V and 5V compatible (With reverse polarity protection).
- Recommended Line Width: 13mm to 30mm.
- Selectable line color (light or dark).
- Sensing Distance (Height): 4mm to 40mm (Vcc = 5V, Blackline on a white surface).
- Sensor Refresh Rate: 200Hz
- Easy calibration process.
- Dual Output Types: 5 x digital outputs represent each IR sensor state, 1 x analog output represents line position.
- Support a wide range of controllers such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.